This website is here to help you through your studies
This website is a collection of useful information for students in bachelor's and master's degree programmes. Here, you can also find students' news and events.
The website is under continuous development and we would love to get your feedback. The easiest way to send your feedback is through the form at the bottom of each page.
Quick links for students
Students’ news and events
Studying at the University of Vaasa
Below, you will find information on studying at the university. These instructions will be helpful throughout your studies.
- Welcome new students
- Academic year and registration
- Planning the studies and personal study plan (PSP)
- Completion and assessment of studies
- Recognition of prior learning
- Career planning
- Developing your study skills
- Accessible studying
- Rights and responsibilities of a student
- Writing guidelines and plagiarism detection
- Students' forms
- IT systems for students
- Degree programme materials
In addition to major studies, degree programmes include, among other things, language studies, business studies, internationalisation studies, and practical training (internship). You can also complete studies during the summer or after you have graduated.
Support and study guidance
The university supports students in planning and completing studies in many ways.
As you start to work on your thesis and graduation is near, please refer to this checklist and links. From there, you will also find a list of graduation days. With our help, you can graduate with ease!
Well-being and safety
Well-being is a personal experience. The overall well-being of a student comprises health, coping with studies, economic situation, safety, and other support. The ability to study is central to a student’s well-being.
- Finnish Student Health Service FSHS
- Sport services
- Study psychologist
- University chaplain
- Financial aid from Kela
- Safety information for students
- Harassment and inappropriate treatment
- Working groups to improve well-being
- Mikä neuvoksi project
- Other actors and services related to the well-being of students
Services on campus
You can get to the Palosaari campus with local buses. On campus, you will find, for example, teaching and self-study facilities, IT services, library services, and student restaurants. For any service requests regarding the facilities, you can fill in an electronic form.