Our beautiful maritime campus is located in Palosaari, a short walk away from the Vaasa city centre. We study and work in a unique environment. The same area houses the historic, old red-bricked cotton factory and fresh, bright new buildings.
The oldest part, Fabriikki, was built when the northernmost cotton mill was founded here in 1856. The laboratory building Technobothnia and Konttori, the office of Open University and the picturesque wooden residences of the old cotton mill workers ”Puuvillatalot” all breathe history. The new buildings, Tervahovi and Luotsi, designed by Käpy and Simo Paavilainen were completed in 1994. The new constructions also include the office building Ankkuri (formerly Tritonia-building) and Domus Bothnica, the student union house.
Getting to the campus
The visiting address of the University of Vaasa is Wolffintie 32, 65200 Vaasa.
Walking: Walking from the city centre takes approximately 15 minutes.
By bus: To arrive by bus, take the bus no. 1, 2 or 4. Timetables and routes (digitransit.fi)
By car: For more information and the parking map, please see below.
Getting around on campus
The information desks are located in the lobby of Ankkuri (Yliopistonranta 7), and the lobby of Fabriikki (Yliopistonranta 10).
- Tervahovi closed for renovation
- Fabriikki on weekdays at 7.45 – 21.00, sat. 8.00 – 16.00, sun. closed
- Please notice opening hours on Exam-days and public holidays
- Ankkuri on weekdays at 8.00 – 16.00, closed on weekends
- Tritonia – See opening hours
Parking on campus
Parking areas are indicated with a P. There are places for students and guests near Tervahovi, Technobothnia and Fabriikki. Staff parking is marked separately. There are barrier-free parking places near the entrances, marked with a logo on the map.
In addition to fixed bike parks, there are loose bike racks near all buildings. The location of bike racks may vary depending on the situation.
There is a fenced construction site around Tervahovi. More information on the campus development website.
You need a permit to park in the university car parks. Visitors can get a temporary parking permit from the information desks. Students can pick up one valid parking sticker from the information desks by showing a student ID or other certificate proving the right to study at the University of Vaasa.
General information for parking on campus
- Keep the emergency access roads and logistics areas free. Neither park on a parking spot for the disabled (marked on the map with the logo), unless you have a permit for that.
- Parking against these instructions will lead to a ticket from the city parking enforcement officers. The person responsible is primarily the owner of the car.
- Other than these parking places on the campus are not administered by the University of Vaasa. You can park on these spots according to the traffic signs. The university is not in charge of the usage of these parking spots.
A beautiful place for a meeting
We offer modern facilities that are perfect for conferences, training and entertainment at Palosaari, near the Vaasa city centre. The campus area combines a seaside park, modern architecture and an old industrial milieu in a unique way. We have three auditoria of different size for 9 to 311 persons. Other spaces vary from classrooms perfect for group work to lecture halls for up to 120 persons. High-quality restaurant services with experienced staff is available on the campus.
Take a look at our facilities and give us a call: tel. +358 29 449 8630 / tilat(a)uwasa.fi