Safety is our top priority in all our operations during next year. We want to protect the health of our students and personnel and minimize the amount of corona infections. The University of Vaasa has opened more of its premises for students and staff as the university has moved towards a hybrid mode of studying, teaching and working.
Please read our corona instructions before visiting - and stay safe!
Our beautiful maritime campus is located in Palosaari, a short walk away from the Vaasa city centre. We study and work in a unique environment. The same area houses the historic, old red-bricked cotton factory and fresh, bright new buildings.
The oldest part, Fabriikki, was built when the northernmost cotton mill was founded here in 1856. The laboratory building Technobothnia and Konttori, the office of Open University and the picturesque wooden residences of the old cotton mill workers ”Puuvillatalot” all breathe history. The new buildings, Tervahovi and Luotsi, designed by Käpy and Simo Paavilainen were completed in 1994. The new constructions also include the Tritonia library and Domus Bothnica, the student union house.
Getting to the campus
The visiting address of the University of Vaasa is Wolffintie 34, 65200 Vaasa.
Walking: Walking from the city centre takes approximately 15 minutes.
By bus: To arrive by bus, take the bus no. 1, 3 or 14 (the campus line).
By car: For more information and the parking map, please see below.
The campus has an open wireless network UwasaOpen, which does not require the user to sign in, and the Eduroam network which can be used with the username and password of the visitor's home organisation.
Parking on campus
We are developing our campus into a world-class meeting place. Please take a look at the campus map.
Parking areas are indicated with a P. There are places for students and guests near Tervahovi, Technobothnia and Fabriikki. Staff parking is marked separately. There are barrier-free parking places near the entrances, marked with a logo on the map.
In addition to fixed bike parks, there are loose bike racks near all buildings. The location of bike racks may vary depending on the situation.
There is a fenced construction site around Luotsi with heavy traffic passing through the parking area in front of the main entrance to Tervahovi. More information on the campus development website.
You need a permit to park in the university car parks. Visitors can get a temporary parking permit from the information desks. Students can pick up one valid parking sticker from the information desks by showing a student ID or other certificate proving the right to study at the University of Vaasa.
General information for parking on campus
- Keep the emergency access roads and logistics areas free. Neither park on a parking spot for the disabled (marked on the map with the logo), unless you have a permit for that.
- Parking against these instructions will lead to a ticket from the city parking enforcement officers. The person responsible is primarily the owner of the car.
- Other than these parking places on the campus are not administered by the University of Vaasa. You can park on these spots according to the traffic signs. The university is not in charge of the usage of these parking spots.
Moving on campus
All university buildings are located close to one another on campus. You can easily find them by following the signs placed in the area.
The information desks are located in the lobby of Tervahovi, which is the main building, and the lobby of Fabriikki.
- Tervahovi 7.45 a.m. – 8.45 p.m.
- Luotsi closed
- Fabriikki 7.45 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Konttori closed
- Puuvillatalo closed
- Tritonia, see the opening hours
- Mathilda – the student restaurant in Tervahovi that offers a variety of lunch dishes as well as cafeteria products
- Erkki – located in Fabriikki, offers e.g. baked potatoes, soup and salads
- Café Oskar – the meeting point of the Tritonia lobby. The newspapers in the library can be read here.
- Cotton Club – the seaside restaurant that offers traditional food for a reasonable price
- Café Techno – located in Technobothnia, offers meals and panini sandwiches
- Leison Café – located at Wolffintie 36, serves lunch
- Wolffila – operates on the ground floor of the State Office Building