Are you worried about the situation in Ukraine?
Current world situation can cause worry and fear in many.
However, it is best to not leave these worries, feelings and fears unprocessed. In your everyday life, among other things aim to focus on:
- Focus on the safety around you and strive to create feeling of safety for yourself and others around you
- Consciously limit following the news and social media
- Especially during evenings focus on calming your mind before sleep e.g. by doing something that brings you joy
- Be aware of the facts but focus on things you can affect on
- Share your thoughts and feelings with someone. If you have children, give them time and talk with them about the situation
For more information:
- Article by Nyyti How to deal with feelings, fears and concerns caused by war?
- Article by Mieli What can you do if talk of war worries you?
- Article by FSHS Tips by FSHS psychologists to deal with reactions to the war
Do you need someone to talk to?
- Ostrobothnian Crisis Center Valo’s calling hours on Mon-Thu 9-15
- SOS Crisis Centre offers short term crisis counselling and guidance in crisis situations for anyone living in Finland. Information on crisis centre can be found here.
- Higher education students can connect on Mielentekoja chat on Mondays 17-19
- Nyyti Chat, a group chat, is active on Tuesdays and Thursdays. In all our future chats, you can discuss the feelings, worries and fears caused by the war in addition to the pre-defined topic of the chat. You can find chat times and joining instructions here.
- University Chaplain on campus or online
- Study Psychologist Ray Ohtonen by appointment
Did you like the article?