The students will assist in the practical arrangements of the meeting hosted at the University of Vaasa campus. They will have an important role in making our guests from nine different European countries feel welcome and at ease during their stay. This is a great opportunity to learn how international meetings are organised, to practise your English and gain work experience.
The post is suitable for someone who is comfortable with people and can react fast in customer service situations but also has the patience to “stand by”.
- Fluent English. Additional language skills are seen as an advantage.
- Customer service skills.
- Positive attitude.
You need to be a degree student or an exchange student at the University of Vaasa (attending for the spring term).
- Setting up registration desk and meeting rooms.
- Welcoming the guests and taking care of their registration.
- Helping and assisting guests with their questions and needs.
- Documenting some events of the meeting (taking pictures or short videos).
- Ad-hoc administrational tasks.
Working hours (approximate)
- 8 February: introduction session 9-15
- 13 February: a couple of hours preparatory work
- 14 February: 7.00-16.30
- 15 February: 8-17
- 16 February: 8-17
Work compensation and credits
Work compensation: 14–15 € per hour depending on your experience.
To receive the work compensation, you will need to have a Finnish income-tax card. The EUNICE team can help you to book an appointment with the tax office.
You can get 2 ECTS from the work experience (OPIS0080 Practical Project Work).
To apply, please fill out the application form by 31 January. Interviews will be carried out 1.,2.,3. February, on the campus. Interviews will be on a short notice.
More information: Anna Baranyai, firstname.lastname@example.org tel.:029 449 8703
What is EUNICE?
EUNICE – European University for customised education is a network university that provides students and staff with opportunities for international experiences, networking and high-quality online learning.
In addition to the University of Vaasa, the EUNICE University consists of:
- Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg (BTU, Germany)
- University of Cantabria (UC, Spain)
- University of Mons (UMONS, Belgium)
- University of Catania (UNICT, Italy)
- Poznan University of Technology (PUT, Poland)
- Polytechnic University of Hauts-de-France (UPHF, France)
The University of Karlstad (Sweden), the Polytechnic Institute of Viseu (Portugal) and the University of Peloponnese (Greece) are in the process of joining the project.