Vaasa Spouse Programme opening seminar
University of Vaasa, Tervahovi
What is life like as a trailing spouse? How can we help international families to settle in Vaasa region? The Vaasa Spouse Programme will support international spouses in finding their way, both socially and professionally, to make Vaasa region their new home.
The opening event will focus on the needs of building up a spouse community within the Vaasa region by establishing collaboration with local stakeholders and the international spouses.
The event is organized by the University of Vaasa, City of Vaasa, Talent Coastline Employment project, TE-services Ostrobothnia and ELY Centre.
Please register Sep 26 by noon (12:00) at the latest. Registration link.
- Coffee and snacks in the lobby
- Opening words: The International Vaasa Region, Tomas Häyry, Mayor, City of Vaasa
- Talent Boost: Attracting & Retaining Talent within the Vaasa Region, Minna Martikainen, Vice-Rector, University of Vaasa
- The unique challenges of the “trailing spouse”, Harriet Okumu-Nisula, Project Assistant, Vaasa International Talents, Novia University of Applied Sciences
- Corporate needs in the region, Juha Päivike, Director, Smart Technology Hub, Wärtsilä Finland Oy and Petri Kärki, Vice President, Hitachi Energy Finland Oy
- Regional cooperation in focus – Spouse Programme plans for Vaasa region, Grațiela Dan, Spouse Programme Coordinator & the regional spouse programme working group
Time for questions and discussion