Bachelor’s Degree Program in Digital Marketing provides bachelor’s education that prepares our students for work in the digital economy. The program offers research-based and working life-relevant digital marketing education, emphasizing broad-based marketing strategy/planning, digital analytics, and content creation.
The program utilizes online learning environments. The languages of the program are Finnish and English.
The program consists of studies offered by three majors: marketing, international business, and communication studies.
The program develops students’ digital literacy by considering digital mediums and global online environments’ ethical dimensions. Students will explore strategic principles and practices for managing emerging digital channels and disciplines. The program emphasizes a global worldview as digital professionals sit on the cutting edge of social, cultural, and consumer trends, where sensitivity to the cultural context is essential. In general, the program develops students’ ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make decisions.
After graduating, the Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration in Digital Marketing will be able to:
- Acquire an understanding of both traditional marketing and new ways of working in a digital environment.
- Apply theoretical frameworks to develop, manage, and lead a digital marketing campaign.
- Identify and research common business challenges in digital environments, analyze business situations, draw appropriate and well-justified solutions, and evaluate effective strategic solutions.
- Develop key skills in areas such as website development, social media management, content marketing, web analytics, user journey analysis, SEO, and mobile integration.
- Make sense of the evolution of the new digital landscape and its impact on the consumer decision journey.
- Break down what performs well on a website and, conversely, what is underperforming.
- Obtain capabilities of tracking user journeys, campaign performance, and bridge measurement gaps and assess and adjust marketing and communication goals.
- Obtain the ability to listen, communicate, and relate to others at a personal and professional level.
- Understand patterns of behavior and behavioral interactions.
- Identify positive digital citizenship and online behavior.
- To be able to practice forms of social participation that are ethical and respectful of human rights and dignity through the responsible use of technology.
The program studies enable a transition to the Master’s degree programs offered by the School of Marketing and Communication in international business, marketing, and communication studies.