The TULEVA project consists of a development project and the investment project connected to it.
The goal of this project ensemble is to:
1. Develop future solutions for precision positioning for applications within warehouse management and smart logistics and demonstrate an application of seamless localization on an Android platform with various services
2. Strengthen the R&D infrastructures and development environments of the digital solutions and intelligent systems that belong to the focus areas of the smart specialisation in Ostrobothnia and Southern Ostrobothnia
3. Develop the competence and knowhow of seamless precision positioning among the regions’ schools of higher education and other actors in the innovation ecosystem
4. Increase the international networking for the regions’ universities and universities of applied sciences and support the funding application procedures for international competitive R&D funding
5. Support companies and networks of companies to identify and develop new business opportunities in the regions of Ostrobothnia and Southern Ostrobothnia
The project will be implemented during 1.9.2020 – 31.8.2022 by the Digital Economy research platform and the School of Technology and Innovations at the University of Vaasa as well as the Technology Department at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences. In addition, many industrial partners are involved from the regions of Ostrobothnia and Southern Ostrobothnia.
The TULEVA project ensemble consists of four work packages, of which the first one (WP1: Building pilot environments: putting up test environments to Technobothnia and Frami) will be implemented in the investment project kicked off in conjunction with the development project. The other three work packages (WP2-4) are part of the actual development project and they are as follows:
WP2: Precision positioning in smart logistics: algorithm development and programming for precision positioning methods with satellite navigation signals, dual-frequency Galileo and wireless network measurements with UWB;
WP3: Logistics and mobile platforms: definition of the logistics processes and concepts that utilise precision positioning; as well as
WP4: Demonstrations and fostering of innovation ecosystem: demonstrating seamless precision positioning solutions for industrial internet, smart logistics and resource management as well as supply chain source authentication.
The operations, workshops and other activities in the TULEVA project are open to all actors interested in precision positioning and smart logistics.
Other researchers at Univaasa: Heidi Kuusniemi, Timo Mantere, Ahm Shamsuzzoha, Mohammed Elmusrati, Mahmoud Elsanhoury, Dalbert Oneybuchi, Akpo Siemuri, Kannan Selvan