A possible coronavirus exposure on Tuesday, 1 September, in a tutoring group
The University of Vaasa has received a notification from the Student Union of the University of Vaasa (VYY) regarding a possible coronavirus exposure on Tuesday, 1 September, in tutoring group. The University of Vaasa cooperates with the authorities regarding the investigation of possible chains of infection or any other measures.
As a precaution, the following measures will be followed during 9 to 22 September:
- all teaching will be distance learning for first year students
- already before it has been informed that courses for new master degree students, students of previous classes and doctoral students are organized mainly online during the autumn
- courses offered by VAMK (Vaasa University of Applied Sciences) continue
- study rooms are closed
- Exam-room remains open, entrance via restaurant Mathilda´s door
- exam reservations made by 8 September for the time period 9th to 22nd September are still valid
- new exams reservations for the time period 9th to 22nd September can be made for one computer, which can be used when the room is open (not on Saturdays)
- restaurant Mathilda moves to take away-services (11.00-13.00)
- books can still be borrowed from the Tritonia library.
The University has also agreed with the Student Union of the University of Vaasa (VYY) about the tutor activities during the upcoming weeks:
- the tutor activities continue as planned in groups of 35 to max 50 persons
- all participants are registered in the events
- the events/meetings are held outside
- mass events are either cancelled or postponed
- the tutor group in which the possible exposure happened will not participate in the activities and all group members have been instructed by the authorities to be in quarantine.
The campus is an important place for all of us to meet and study. Our wish is to be able to operate on the campus taking into account safety constraints.
The best way to prevent the pandemic from spreading is to act responsibly and paying careful attention to safety instructions.