Eligibility for matched funding
The following donations are NOT eligible for matched funding:
- Donations from companies belonging to the university group, the university’s own funds or foundations associated with the university.
- Donations from state-owned companies entrusted with special duties. However, donations from commercial state-owned companies are eligible for matched funding.
- Donations from entities and foundations that have traditionally supported the operations of only one specific university.
- Donations from municipalities and donations from companies and enterprises that are either directly or indirectly owned by municipalities.
- Donations from entities that are mainly financed by public funds (e.g. universities of applied sciences) or bodies governed by public law with the right of taxation (e.g. parishes).
- However, donations from student unions and student nations, as well as companies owned by them, are eligible for matched funding. The same applies to donations from chambers of commerce that are not entities financed by public funds.
Deed of donation
For donations of EUR 850 or more, we kindly ask that you also fill in and sign a deed of donation. The deed of donation defines the fields of education eligible for matched funding to which the donor can allocate a donation of EUR 10,000 EUR or more. In the message field, please add "matched funding" and the donor's contact information as well as the eventual allocation to a specific field of education.
Danske Bank: IBAN = FI43 8119 9710 0170 72, BIC: DABAFIHH
Beneficiary: The University of Vaasa
Message: Please write "matched funding", the eventual allocation to a specific field, and the donor’s name and contact information.
Return the signed deed of donation to the Univeristy of Vaasa, kirjaamo, PL 700, 65101 Vaasa / kirjaamo(a)univaasa.fi
More information regarding donations
- All information regarding donations (donor, amount, allocation) is public according to the Act on the Openness of Government Activities (621/1999).
- Information about donors will be added to the customer relationship management (CRM) database. The University of Vaasa will send the information about donations eligible for matched funding to the Ministry of Education and Culture in the autumn of 2022.
- The donor can chose not to allow the publishing of their name or the amount of their donation in communication material produced by the university.
- For all donations of 850 EUR or more, we need a signed deed of donation. The document ensures that your donation is processed in accordance with the tax deduction policies.