Language tests (valid two years from the date of the test)
Higher education in English in countries mentioned below
- English language course(s) included in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree conducted in Finnish or Swedish in Finland
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral degree conducted in English language in Finland or another EU / EEA country, United Kingdom, Switzerland, United States, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
- Degrees completed in English on offshore campuses are accepted if the main university is located in one of the countries listed above.
- Studies in English as exchange student in a Higher Education Institution in Finland or another EU / EEA country, United Kingdom, Switzerland, United States, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with English as the major subject (English language/literature/philology)
Secondary education in English certificates
How to submit certain test results
The University accepts language test results uploaded directly to the online application form by the applicant, or in paper format both from the test centre and from the applicant directly. If requesting the IELTS test centre to forward your language test results to the University of Vaasa, please write down University of Vaasa as the receiver of the test result.
When requesting the TOEFL test centre to forward your results to the University of Vaasa, please fill in the University of Vaasa's Institution Code 0647 in the Score Report Recipient field. The testing centre must send the score slip directly to the University or make its electronic equivalent available. Please note that test results sent by the applicant are not accepted.
Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic is a paperless test. Once you receive your test score, please send it to the University of Vaasa from your PTE account. Choose Finland as the 'Country', University of Vaasa as the 'Institution' and click 'Search'. Select University of Vaasa and the programme you are applying to. Then confirm your order. After this, University of Vaasa should have access to your test results within 48 hours. Please note that online language test results are only accepted through the test organiser website, and not as a copy on your application form.
National Certificate of English Language Proficiency by the Finnish National Board of Education
Submit your test results to the University of Vaasa together with your application. Your result will be verified from the organiser.
Submit your test results to University of Vaasa together with your application. Your results will be verified from the test organiser. Include your Candidate's ID (three letters and six numbers) and secret code (four numbers), if applicable. If you do not have these codes, you can request them from the testing organisation. If the codes are unavailable, you should ask the test organiser for the Certifying Statement from Cambridge ESOL to be sent directly to the University of Vaasa.