Strategic Project Management
Master’s Programme in Strategic Project Management, Seinäjoki
Do you want to learn how to successfully implement projects in various industries such as production, energy, transportation and logistics? Do you wish to broaden your expertise and become a strategic partner to upper management?
Gain a new perspective on how to approach projects
Strategic Project Management is a new master's programme to educate experts who can consider the needs and opportunities of project management theory, concept and analysis in engineering context. You will learn how to plan, manage and execute projects. You will also receive the tools to understand how standards apply and relevant frameworks related to project management. When utilising analytical tools for decision-making, planning and control, you will be able to manage projects in a lean and strategically effective way. New innovations and sustainability as well as ethical practices in project management are some aspects you will learn more about during the programme.
After completion of the studies, the student will be eligible for doctoral studies.After completing the degree, you will be able to develop sustainable and ethical solutions and new knowledge to benefit the society and industry. Moreover, you will gain valuable career skills such as problem-solving and decision-making, critical thinking, working in international teams and entrepreneurial approach.
The programme will be taught in Seinäjoki. The programme uses various modern teaching methods; in addition to on-campus courses, for example hybrid and blended learning are utilised.
The graduates of Strategic Project Management will be able to:
- Understand project management theory, concept and analysis in engineering context
- Apply the advanced knowledge and related technologies of strategic project management to conduct research and process development.
- Promote innovations and sustainability as well as ethical practices in project management.
- Have ability to plan, manage and execute projects
- Have an understanding of standards, tools and frameworks related to project management
- Utilise the analytical tools for decision-making, planning and control
- In addition, the student has good skills in: analytical and critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making, life-long learning, oral and written communication, team-working in international teams, business-thinking, and use of IT.
In addition, the programme provides eligibility for doctoral studies in Industrial management and engineering or in related technical fields.
The two-year study programme comprises 120 ECTS and leads to a Master of Science in Technology degree.
Applications to the International Master’s Degree Programmes are done in the Studyinfo system during the application period.
Meet the Teaching Staff
The University's education is based on scientific research. We are in continuous dialog with enterprises and the surrounding environment as to enable us to offer the latest knowledge for society's use in the future as well. Get to know your teachers before-hand by reading more.
For more information about admissions please contact: email@example.com
For further information about the content of the programme please contact: