Steps to applying
- Get to know the general admission criteria and the programme-specific criteria
- Read the instructions on submitting your documents carefully
- Below you will find the direct links to our application forms. Click on the programme you want to apply to, which leads you to Studyinfo
- The list of required application documents can be found below
- Make sure your educational documents are certified correctly and submit the official translations of these documents if necessary
- When you have your documents ready, fill in the application in Studyinfo. Upload your documents to your application and save the application form
- Wait for the admission results!
- See if there are country-specific requirements for your degree-awarding country. If you are accepted, you will be asked to submit your educational documents according to these requirements, if these requirements apply to your degree-awarding country.
The required application attachments
The required application documents are following:
- Officially certified copy of Degree certificate(s) if graduated
- Officially certified copy of Transcript(s) of records (an explanation of the grading system used is mandatory if it is not clearly stated in the Transcript)
- Proof of language proficiency
- Copy of passport's information page / official ID card
- Document to prove your exemption from tuition fees (e.g. copy of your residence permit card to Finland), if applicable
After submitting the application
An admission decision is made two weeks after the application has arrived with all the enclosures needed. The applicant must accept the study place and pay possible tuition fee within 14 days. If accepted, the applicant must send in the educational documents according to country specific requirements, if applicable. The documents have to arrive at University of Vaasa at the latest on 31 May. Once the fees have been paid and documents have been sent in according to country specific requirements the offer of admission is no longer conditional. Please note that any application documents submitted to the University of Vaasa by post (e.g. the country-specific documents) will not be returned to the applicant.
You can contact the Admission Services at: admissions(at)uwasa.fi
Note that any inquiries made to the university about the application may take several days to answer. Therefore please ensure that your application is complete. Read carefully through all the admission criteria and make sure that your educational documents are certified properly.