About the programme
We produce Doctors of Administrative Sciences and Doctors of Philosophy in Communication Studies for demanding research, expert, education, development and foreperson roles, especially in public sector but also in the private sector and for other actors of society. In the interdisciplinary education the profound understanding of social phenomena, critical thinking and ethically lasting research frames and socially affecting study are emphasized.
Students in social sciences complete a Doctor of Administrative Sciences, D.Sc. (Admin.) or a degree or a Doctor of Philosophy, PhD, in communication studies. The field is interdisciplinary and its aim is to train high-level experts and independent researchers to positions, especially in the public sector, but also in the private sector and for other actors in society. The main subjects are: regional studies, public management, public law, social and health management, and communication studies.
The focus areas of the subjects are
- Regional development and economy
- Study of public management and ethics: ethical management and identification of problems, good management and leadership
- Changing governance and basic rights
- Study of social and health services and systems: citizen participation, governance and management of complex problems
- Sociocultural phenomena of media and communication
The doctoral studies consist of the following sections: general scientific studies (philosophy of science, research ethics, etc.), method studies, studies related to the field of study and, academic and other working life skills. The doctoral programme is nationally and internationally networked. The researchers organize seminars and actively participate in international seminars and contemporary public discussion.