Esteban Guerrero Rosero
My name is Esteban, I am assistant professor at the School of Technology and Innovations. I am part of the Smart Electric Systems research group.
Artificial Intelligence (AI), specifically but not limited:
multi-agents systems (MAS)
- defeasible reasoning
- Knowledge representation
- knowledge graphs
... and at the human side of AI:
Cultural-historical Activity Theory (Leontiev/Vygotsky/Kaptelinin's activity hierarchies and Engeström's activity frameworks)
Planning theory of intention (Bratman)
Project: DigiConsumers - Improving young people's financial skills in a digitalised consumer society (link)
Work package 4: "Game-based approaches and digital tools in financial education"
Roles: researcher, using AI-aproaches in gamification. Towards autonomous personalized gamification for guiding financial decisions.
Last update: 09-Feb-2022
Research and pedagogy activities:
[09-Feb-22] Invited to be PC member of the second International Conference on disruptive technologies, tech ethics and artificial intelligence DiTTEt
[26-Jan-22] PC member of the 13th International Symposium on Ambient Intelligence ISAMI'22
[25-Jan-22] Invited to revise papers for the IEEE Intelligent Systems journal.
[01-Jan-22] NEW YEAR! I hope the last COVID year.
[16-Dec-21] Invited to be part of the program committee of the XIV Workshop on Agents Applied to Healthcare. Part of the 21st International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, AAMAS 2022.
[22-Nov-21] Accepted paper in the 17th ARGDIAP conference "Reasoned Argumentation. Legal, Computational and Linguistic Perspectives", title: "Eristic dialogues in persuasive gamified systems", pre-print here. Presentation: 24 Nov., slides here.
[19-Nov-21] I will part of the "Service Design" at UVAASA course's teachers: topics: "information technologies" and "digital platforms" from an AI perspective.
[19-Nov-21] I enrolled for the pedagogical course: "Educational Philosophy and Ethics" at Oulu University.
Esteban Guerrero, Nannan Xi, Tero Vartiainen, Panu Kalmi. Eristic dialogues in persuasive gamified systems. The 17th ARGDIAP conference, Reasoned Argumentation. Legal, Computational and Linguistic Perspectives.
Esteban Guerrero, Helena Lindgren. Typologies of persuasive strategies and content: a formalization using argumentation. 19th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems. Salamanca (Spain) | 6th-8th October, 2021 | PAAMS. 2021.
Esteban Guerrero. Causal interventions and argumentation-based frameworks: formalization of "what if" scenarios. Workshop on Decision Support, Recommendation, and Persuasion in Artificial Intelligence (DeRePAI), in the 19th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems. Salamanca (Spain). PAAMS. 2021. (pre-proceedings draft here) (slides)
Tania Bailoni, Mauro Dragoni, Esteban Guerrero, Helena Lindgren and Jean-Claude Martin. Ontological Modeling of Enablers and Barriers to Behavior Change in Personal Health Knowledge Graphs. The personal health knowledge graph (PHKG) workshop co-located with the 2021 Knowledge Graph Conference. (pre-proceedings draft here)
Guerrero, Esteban; Lindgren, Helena. Towards motivation-driven intelligent interfaces: formal argumentation meets activity theory. The 33rd the Swedish Artificial Intelligence Society (SAIS) Workshop: SAIS 2021. (2021) (Slides)
Guerrero, Esteban; Santosa, Ailiana; Lindgren, Helena. Causal interventions with formal argumentation theory. International Workshop on Logical Aspects in Multi-Agent Systems and Strategic Reasoning, LAMAS-SR. (Satellite Workshop of AAMAS 2021). (2021). (paper here) (presentation here)
Ng, Nawi; Eriksson, Malin; Guerrero, Esteban; et al. Sustainable behaviour change for health supported by person-Tailored, Adaptive, Risk-aware digital Coaching in a social context: Study protocol for the STAR-C research programme. Frontiers In Public Health , Frontiers Media SA 2021, Vol. 9. (2021) (paper here)
Previous research groups:
- Interactive and Intelligent Systems at Umeå University - Sweden.
- Telematics Engineering research Group GIT at University of Cauca - Colombia
- UNVirtual group at National University of Colombia.
- IEEE Intelligent Systems journal
- XIV Workshop on Agents Applied to Healthcare @ AAMAS 2022
- AAAI-ICWSM 2022 16th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media
- IEEEVR21 IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces
- ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems 2022
- AAAI-22 Special Programs and Tracks (Thirty-Sixth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence)
- ICMI21 the 23rd ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction
- ISAmI'21 12th International Symposium on Ambient Intelligence
- DiTTEt 2021 1st International Conference on Disruptive Technologies Tech Ethics and Artificial Intelligence
- EICS 2021 Engineering Interactive Computing Systems
- AAAI 2021 AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence
- AAMAS 2021 20th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems
- CHI 2021 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems
- ECAI 2020 European Conference on Artificial Intelligence
- AAAI 2020 AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge and Information Systems Journal
- Mathematical Reviews
- The Journal of the European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction (EARLI)
- International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Data Mining(FSDM)
- SMART ACCESSIBILITY conference 2018
- Joint Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Health. AIH2018 (sub-reviewer)
- International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Computers (sub-reviewer)
- Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (AIME) conference (sub-reviewer)
- Mexican International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (sub-reviewer)
- International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Computers -CONIELECOMP (sub-reviewer)
Member of following organizations/groups
- Swedish Artificial Intelligence Society
- Arctic Research Centre at Umeå University
- EAI member
- Umeå University Alumni
- Umeå Naturvetar- och Teknologkår, NTK (Umeå Student Union of Science and Technology)