During the remote work, Zoom meetings are possible based on a request.
Elmusrati received the B.Sc. (with honors) and M.Sc. (with high honors) degrees in telecommunication engineering from the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department, Benghazi (old name: Garyounis) University, Benghazi, Libya, in 1991 and 1995, respectively, and the Licentiate of Science in technology (with distinction) and the Doctor of Science in Technology degrees in control engineering from Aalto University (old name: Helsinki University of Technology), Finland, in 2002 and 2004, respectively. He has been assistant lecturer and lecturer in Electrical and Electronic Eng. Department, Garyounis University during 1991-1999. During Sep. 1999 to July 2004, Elmusrati was researcher at Control Engineering Laboratory ? Helsinki University of Technology. Next, he obtained a lecturer position at Department of Computer Science ? University of Vaasa ?Finland during Aug. 2004 to July, 2007. Starting from Aug., 2007, Elmusrati became Professor and head of Telecommunication Engineering Group at University of Vaasa. In June 2009, Elmusrati has been appointed as permanent full professor and head of the international program of communication and system engineering at University of Vaasa. Elmusrati is Senior member at IEEE, member of Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), and member of Automation Society in Finland. Elmusrati has published more than 145 peer reviewed papers, books, and reports.
Wireless Communication, 4G; 5G; and Beyond Networks, Uncertainties, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning with multidisciplinary applications, Smart Systems, Automation, Digitalization, Stochastic modeling and simulations, Data fusion, Game theory, Biotechnology, and machine learning/game theory applications in medical science.
I have lectured more than 20 different courses in telecommunications, electronics, mathematics, and control engineering.
Few of my past courses at University of Vaasa: Radio Resources Management, Wireless Broadband Communication, Digital Communication, Mobile networks, Electronic Communication, Wireless Automation, Game Theory, Cognitive Radio, Advanced Signals and Systems, Advanced Telcommunication Theory, Queuing Theory..etc.
My courses during the academic year 2021/2022 are:
1. ICAT1100 Artificial Intelligence: Concepts, Challenges, and Opportunities (Autumn 2021)
2. ICAT3220 Modern Wireless Communication and Applications(Autumn 2021)
3. ICAT4010 Postgraduate (PhD) Seminar (Topic will be defined later) (Spring 2022)
3. ICAT3120 Machine Learning (Spring 2022)
Supervised PhD students:
1. Dr. Duan Ruifeng, "On performance analysis of cognitive radios", defense date: 12.02.2014
2. Dr. Omar Abu-Ella, "Interference mitigation using group decoding in multiantenna systems", defense ?date: 17.10.2014
3. Dr. Hossien Ahmadzadegan, "Security-centric analysis and performance investigation of IEEE 802.16 WiMAX", defense date: 04.06.2015
4. Dr. Mike Mekkanen "On Reliability and Performance Analyses of IEC 61850 for Digital SAS" defense date: 20 October 2015
5. Dr. Veli-Tapani Peltoketo, "Benchmarking of embedded digital cameras", defense data: 11 August 2016
6. Dr. Heikki Palomäki, "Wireless Distributed Intelligence", defense date: 4 December 2017
7. Dr. Shaima Abdelmageed "E-Health Diagnosis over Low Energy Processors",Defense date: 2 May 2019.
8. Dr. Caner cuhac"Wireless sensor networks with industrial applications", Defense date: 11 November 2019
9.Dr. Alabi Rasheed, "Deep Learning Applications for Diagnosis and Prediction of Cancer", defense date: 15 April 2021
B. Still doing their reserach work
10. Mahmoud ElSanhouri, "High Accurate Indoor Positioning with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning", expected defense date: December 2022
11. Joel Reijonen, "Intelligent Cloud Operations in 5G Networks", expected defense date: May 202
12. Wiqar Khan, "Smart Halls Under 5G Networking", expected defense date: November 2022
13. Akpojoto Siemuri, "AI and Machine learning applications for GNSS", expected defense date: November 2022
14. Yakubu Diaba, "Machine Learning in Power Generation of Smart Grids", expected defense date: September 2023
15. Hilda Amo Henaku, "Early age prediction of cardiac arrest occurrence in individuals using machine learning", expected defense date: November 2024
16. Md Mofizur Rahaman, "Artificial Judge - Machine Learning and Game Theory Approach", expected defense date: November 2025
17. Ahmed Elmehdawi, "Artificial Linguistic Development for M2M Communication", expected defense date: XX
18. Benjamin Addo-Mensah, "Optimizing radio resources allocation for D2D Communication under 5G networks", expected defense date: XX
19. Mouaouka Redouane , "Machine learning applications in power protection of smart grids", expected defense date: XX
20. Tewodros Ambow, "Communication & Configuration Performance Impediment Resolution in Smart Grids' Telecontrol Systems", expected defense data:XX
21. Abdulla Mohamed, Machine learning for resources allocations in IoT with 6G networking", expected defense date: XX
22. Samiyeh Akbari, "Intelligent resources allocation in 6G networks with AI/ML", expected defense date:XX
There are some more PhD students in the beginning stage of their research.
Supervised Master thesis students:
At University of Vaasa 100 master thesis student have been supervised.
Link to my detailed CV
Link to List of Publication
Link to my LinkedIn