Summer schools that are in the first category require a nomination made for you by University of Vaasa. There are no tuition fees for nominated students. There may be limitations on the number of places available. Therefore, you need apply for nomination by deadline given by University of Vaasa.
Summer schools in the second category have a reduced tuition fee for our students. Either you have to be nominated by University of Vaasa to join the summer school, or you have to prove that you are full time student at University of Vaasa. Please consult Mobility Services about summer schools that you are interested in.
Summer schools in the third category may include a full tuition fee for all students. For these summer schools, you do not need to apply for nomination from University of Vaasa.
Other summer schools
You can search for summer schools organized by our partner universities on their websites as not all partners organize summer schools/ inform us of summer schools. Active University of Vaasa student mobility partner universities can be found here
You may freely apply to summer schools organized by non-partner universities as well, but you cannot apply for Summer school grant to join these summer schools.
Applying for nomination
If you are applying to a summer school in category 1 (and in some cases 2), you need to apply for nomination from University of Vaasa. Please fill in an online application form and attach a motivation letter to your application. After that, please send a cover letter to Mobility Services per email to outgoing.international(at)uwasa.fi.
Each summer school has their own application deadline.
Summer Schools in Summer 2022 are listed on this website in around February 2022.
Students applying for a summer school grant from University of Vaasa must be registered as attending and should have completed 30ECTS / attended semester. Summer school should not affect the normative time for graduation and completion of a Bachelor's Degree in 3 years, Master's degree in 2 years + the extra 2 years.
Grant, duration of summer school and required number of credits to be completed during summer school
- 400 EUR: minimum 2 weeks and 5 ECTS
- 600 EUR: minimum 4 weeks and 10 ECTS
- 800 EUR: minimum 6 weeks and 15 ECTS
- 1000 EUR minimum 8 weeks and 20 ECTS
Grants are given in relation to duration and number of credits for summer school completed abroad.
Conditions to get and keep the grant are:
- Credits completed at summer school must be transferable and are transferred to your University of Vaasa degree
- Course(s) completed in summer school and their credit transfer are agreed upon in a Learning Agreement made before exchange
- Miminum of 5 ECTS/2 weeks are completed in summer school
- Student receives a Transcript of Records from Summer School and submits it both as attachment to credit transfer application and to Mobility Services after exchange
Applying for a grant before the summer school
Please submit the following documents to Mobility Services by given deadline:
- Acceptance letter or e-mail from the summer school (if the summer school requires first a nomination from University of Vaasa, this document can be submitted later)
- Grant Agreement
- Learning Agreement
Students currently on a semester exchange who want continue their exchange by participating in a summer school organised by their host university are not eligible for the summer school grant. Grants are not given for summer schools in Finland.