Several scholarships granted for doctoral research
Six scholarships (24 000 €) donated by the Evald and Hilda Nissi Foundation were granted to:
- Arshed Iqbal, Marketing: Determinants and impacts of divestment mode choices on value creation of parent firms: An empirical examination of Nordic firms wholly-owned subsidiaries
- Oskar Juszczyk, Industrial Management: Green energy implementation in Finland and Poland. Comparative analysis of sustainability and policy issues in the view of strategic management and technology transfer
- Tiina Leino, Management and Organization: Leadership in future work networks – Expertise as a leadership process
- Giovanna Andrea Pinilla De La Cruz, Industrial Management: Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) for energy infrastructure development
- Shahbaz Qureshi, Finance and Accounting: Essays on Asset Pricing Anomalies
- Sara Tilabi, Industrial Management: Unboxing the impact of technology decision in gaining competitive advantage for firms
Nissi Foundation gives grants for students engaging in commercial studies, post-graduate studies or research, and researchers, and to the promotion of commercial expertise in the Vaasa region.
Two scholarships (24 000 €) donated by Vaasa University Foundation to:
- Päivi Kujala, Regional Studies: Kohti mahdollistavaa maaseutuhallintoa – maaseutuhallinnon viranomaisyhteisön käytännöt yrittäjyyden edistämisessä maaseutualueilla.
- Karri Rintamaa, Communication Studies: Digitaalinen estetiikka peleissä.
Vaasa University Foundation supports the development of the University of Vaasa as well as University’s scientific research and teaching.