Nyytis autumn activities start in August, e.g. the first Nyytin Chat will be held on Tuesday 30 August. You can find more information about the autumn chats on our website.
Where to get help
Here are a few tips for you:
- In case of emergency, seek out your closest emergency room or call 112.
- You may also contact Mieli ry’s English Crisis Helpline +358 9 2525 0113 or also reach them through Whatsapp +358 40 195 8202 if you are going through a tough time and need counselling or would like to talk to someone about your situation.
- In the Find Help section of our website, you will find information on various help actors by topic.
- Acute crisis situations
- Abuse and addiction
- Domestic violence
- Finances and living
- Mental health
- Relationships and family
- Sexuality and sexual health
- Studies and career planning
- Youth work in the parishes
- FSHS services are at students (excluding exchange students) disposal throughout the summer
- If you are an exchange student, please, contact your university for more information
- The availability of university staff, such as study psychologists and study counsellors, varies during the summer. You will get the best information about the presence of the person you need or their possible substitute from your own university.
- Kela and Tax Administration also serve during the summer on weekdays.
- You can find tips for maintaining your mental health and coping in the Learn Life Skills section of our website.
Support for loneliness
Many students experience loneliness and do not know what help is available or where to get it. Loneliness affects learning ability, motivation, and resilience, but it is often difficult to get out of the harmful circle it creates. However, support and help specifically for students is available.
Mutual discussion support with a trained professional is available in Finnish immediately and also throughout the summer!
- Book an appointment for yourself from the HelsinkiMission online service. The service is in Finnish.
- If you know Finnish and can also read the Loneliness Workbook
In July, our chat will take a break. This autumn's first English-language chat will take place on Tuesday 30 August.
The subject is How to find friends at the beginning of studies?
You may be moving to a new location and looking for new friends? How to manage in Finnish student culture? How can I find my place in my student community at campus or online? Let’s chat about it and share our thoughts!
Are you familiar with our podcast - NyytiCast? Click here to visit our website and find something to listen to for the summer. On our page you can find links to all the NyytiCast episodes we produce. The discussion takes place in Finnish.
Would you rather listen to one of our past webinars? Recordings are available, e.g. from our next webinars. The discussion takes place in Finnish.
- Psychotic illnesses and studying
- Studying and mental health: Hope, studying, and recovery
- Study and mental health
- Self-criticism and perfectionism
- From particulars to community
- Self-compassion in studies
- Autism spectrum and studying
- ADHD and studying
- From hugs to concrete