Please use a face mask!
The use of a face mask is mandatory in all situations where people meet each other (e.g. during necessary on-campus meetings, in staff rooms and common areas) unless there is a specific, e.g. health, reason not to use it. You can get a disposable mask from the information desk of Tervahovi, Fabriikki and Tritonia if you have forgotten your mask at home.
Checklist for mask use
- Try on different masks to find a model that suits your face and that you can breathe through.
- Make sure you have as many masks as you need during the day.
- Carry with you a bottle of hand sanitiser and extra masks to switch out if necessary.
- Wash or disinfect your hands before putting on a new or clean mask. Dry your hands carefully.
- Put the mask on your face well before stepping on board a public transportation vehicle.
- Make sure that the mask sits tightly against your face and covers your mouth, nose and chin.
- Do not touch your mask or move it under your chin or on your forehead when wearing it.
- If you touch the mask while wearing it, wash and disinfect your hands before and after touching it.
- Do not put on a mask again after you have taken it off.
- If your mask gets wet or dirty, replace it with a new one.
- Remove your mask with clean hands by grasping the ear loops. Do not touch the outside part of the mask when removing it.
- Put a disposable mask in a waste container directly after you have worn it or a reusable cloth mask to a plastic bag or directly into the washing machine.
- Wash or disinfect your hands after taking off the mask.
- Always wash your cloth masks in a 60-degree wash cycle after wearing them or boil them for five minutes in water to which you have added a little bit of detergent. Rinse the mask and hang it to dry in a place with fresh air. Also check the manufacturer-specific recommendations.
Instruction video for how to properly use a face mask (in Finnish).
More information: www.thl.fi
The University of Vaasa crisis management team