Vaasa Spouse Programme International Get-Together
Alma Adult Education Centre, auditorium A318
Welcome to Vaasa Spouse Programme International Get-Together! This family event is addressed to international spouses within the Vaasa region, collaborators, and other interested parties.
At the event, you will get to know our international spouses and their culture in a fun way through presentations, performances and workshops. We will enjoy some traditional snacks and sweets from all over the world!
You and your family are welcome to join us for a nice, relaxing afternoon. To ensure there is enough snacks and seats for everyone, please sign up by filling out the online registration form. The registration ends January 23 by noon.
Doors open at 13:45
Artistic programme 14:00–15:00
- Opening words, Grațiela Dan, Vaasa Spouse Programme coordinator
- Greetings from Alma Institute, Sannasirkku Autio, Director of Vaasa City Institutes, Principal
- International fashion show presented by Jun Wu, China
- Speech and afro dance performance by Francis Oleyiola, Talent Coach, VAMK – Vaasa University of Applied Sciences
- Indian dance performance by Liya Antony and Sirisha Kasula, India
- Presentation on Turkish culture and traditions by Leyla Faheem, Turkey
- Dance performance by Afsana Parvin, Bangladesh
- Presentation on Indian culture and traditions by Sirisha Kasula, India
Workshops and stands 15:00–16:30
- Coffee with international buffet in the lobby
- Chinese Kung-Fu workshop by Jun Wu
- Persian painting workshop by Noushin Jafarzi
- Afro dance workshop by Francis Oleyiola
- Stands for countries, organisations and companies
- Photo corner
- Reading club and face painting for children by Ivonne Ramirez, Mexico
The Vaasa Spouse Programme is organised by the University of Vaasa in collaboration with City of Vaasa, TE-services Ostrobothnia, and ELY Centre.