Accreditations, rankings and audits
At the University of Vaasa, we emphasise accreditations as a means of developing the quality of our operations. Our target is to have all educational programmes accredited internationally in the future.
The EFMD Programme Accreditation is the most thorough programme accreditation system for business and management programmes. It is acknowledged worldwide by potential students, employers, clients and the media. The international accreditation of the German ASIIN organisation focuses on reviewing and certifying bachelor's and master's programmes in engineering, computer science, and natural sciences.
The AACSB accreditation process for business studies started at the University of Vaasa during fall 2017, and it will end in 2024. We are currently implementing the development activities recognised in the self-evaluation phase.
EFMD accredited programmes in business studies at the University of Vaasa:
- Master's Degree Programme in International Business (tuition in English)
- Master’s Degree Programme in Finance (tuition in English)
- Master’s Programme in Strategic Business Development (tuition in English)
ASIIN-accredited programmes in engineering at the University of Vaasa:
- Master's Programme in Industrial Management (tuition in English)
- Master's Programme in Industrial Systems Analytics (tuition in English)
- Bachelor's Programme in Technology (tuition in Finnish)
- Bachelor's Programme in Industrial Management/Information Systems Science (tuition in Finnish)
- Master's Programme in Electrical Engineering and Energy Technology (tuition in Finnish)
- Master's Programme in Information Systems Science (tuition in Finnish)
- Master's Programme in Technical Communication (tuition in Finnish)
Auditing allows the evaluation of the quality system and its effectiveness. The quality system of the University of Vaasa has been audited, like all Finnish universities' quality systems, by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre.
University rankings are evaluations of quality that rank the targets based on calibrated performance indicators. There are several kinds of rankings from evaluations of institutional research to web rankings. The University of Vaasa participated in the U-Multiranking in 2013.
Other external evaluations. The University of Vaasa has participated in numerous external evaluations since 1991. They focused on individual disciplines as well as the university as a whole and resulted in numerous national quality labels and rewards.
The University of Vaasa also regularly evaluates its research activities. The evaluation is an external peer review carried out by international panels of independent scientific experts, and it is based on background material and site visits. The purpose is to compare the research activities and their quality internationally, to develop the research activities in general, to get international feedback, and to identify research groups that are performing on a high scientific level.
The research evaluations have been carried out in 2010 and 2015. The first evaluation covered the years 2005–2009 and examined the quality of research, doctoral training, general organisation of activities and the social impact. The second evaluation, carried out in 2015, focused in particular on research groups. According to the evaluation, the University's social impact and regional cooperation with companies is very strong. The next evaluation will be carried out in 2021.
Please see below the final reports on evaluation of research activities at the University of Vaasa 2005-2009 and 2010-2014: