- Professor, Electrical Engineering
- Head of the Master’s program in Energy and Information Technology
- Head of the research group Smart Electric Systems
- Doctor of Science in Technology, Tampere University of Technology, 1993
- Master of Science in Technology, Tampere University of Technology, 1987
- Senior research scientist, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Senior researcher, ABB Corporate Research
- Various research and teaching positions at Tampere University of Technology and Savonia University of Applied Sciences
Our team in Electrical Engineering is actively conducting advanced research projects in the field of Smart Grids. In this way we are able to bring latest multidisciplinary topics into our courses. Beside the basic knowledge of power systems the understanding of modern information technology possibilities has become a vital part of required skills in the field.
Students will meet Professor Kauhaniemi on the course Smart Grid Communication.