Restaurants on Campus
There are several restaurants and cafés near the campus. As a higher-education student, you are entitled to discounted meals in student restaurants that participate in meal subsidy.
Restaurants and cafés in the campus area
- Restaurant Mathilda – the student restaurant in Tervahovi that offers a variety of lunch and dinner. (Closed at the moment)
- Restaurant August – Located in the Fabriikki building, at Restaurant August you can enjoy a sea view as well as delicious lunches and freshly made bakery products, both to eat in and take away.
- Café Oskar – the meeting point of the Tritonia lobby. The café offers breakfast, cafeteria products, lunch and dinner. Open on Saturdays too when also a soup lunch is served. (Closed at the moment)
- Restaurant Serveri – the student and staff restaurant of the Vaasa University of Applied Sciences on the 1st floor in Wolffintie 30. Serves affordable and varied lunch dishes.
- Café Wolff's Street – a café on the 1st floor in Wolffintie 30 that serves their own bakery products, lunch and panini sandwiches, for example.
- Restaurant Alere – the student and staff restaurant of the Vaasa University of Applied Sciences and Novia University of Applied Sciences on the 1st floor in Wolffintie 31. Serves affordable, quality lunch dishes in two dining halls.
- Café Alere – a spacious café on the 1st floor in Wolffintie 27–31 with nice interior. Serves speciality coffees, cafeteria products, varied snacks, lunch salads and panini sandwiches.
- Cotton Club – the seaside restaurant that offers traditional food for a reasonable price.
- Café Techno – located in Technobothnia, offers meals and panini sandwiches.
- Leison Café – lunch restaurant in Wolffintie 36 (Please note! No student discount).
- Restaurant Wolffila – on the ground floor of the State Office Building (Please note! No student discount).
To get your meal at a discounted price, you need to show your valid student card or Kela meal subsidy card. The yearly sticker on the student card is valid until the end of September of the next academic year, and the sticker for the autumn term is valid until the end of January.
If you are a student and eligible for meal subsidy but have no student card, you can get a meal subsidy card from your university.