The FSHS’s responsibility areas are:
- to provide students with health and medical care services,
- to promote students’ health and ability to study, and
- to promote the well-being of the study environment and the student community.
The FSHS provides services nationwide in a uniform manner. In other words, you can access the same high-quality services irrespective of your place of study in Finland.
How do I use the FSHS services?
You can use the FSHS services if you are studying for a bachelor’s or master’s degree and you have registered as an attending student. Students in universities of applied sciences and universities who are entitled to use the services of the FSHS must pay a healthcare fee to Kela.
Please make sure that your contact information with the FSHS is correct and kept up-to-date (name, address, telephone number, email address). You can check and update your contact information using the Self online service.
When you go to the FSHS for an appointment, be prepared to show your student card or another statement about the payment of the student union membership fee or healthcare fee (e.g. payment receipt or certificate of attendance). When an obstacle arises, you can move or cancel your time in the Self online service.
FSHS Vaasa Service Unit
Wolffintie 30 (VAMK), 65200 Vaasa (entrance from the backyard)
- General health and mental health team (public health nurses and psychiatric nurses) for students of the University of Vaasa, VAMK, and University of Helsinki
- Oral health services for all schools
Wolffintie 27-31, 65200 Vaasa
- General health and mental health team (public health nurses and psychiatric nurses) for students of Åbo Academi, Hanken, and Novia
- General practitioner’s services for students of all schools
- Psychologists and psychiatrists’ services for students of all schools
Opening hours of the FSHS Vaasa Service Unit: Mon–Thu 8 am–3 pm, Fri 8 am–2 pm
See more detailed contact information and opening hours as well as appointments on the website of the FSHS Vaasa Service Unit. There you will also find information on where to get help if the FSHS service unit is closed.
FSHS Seinäjoki Service Unit
Simunantie 10, 60200 Seinäjoki
Location on a map
Opening hours of the FSHS Seinäjoki Service Unit: Mon–Thu 8 am–3 pm, Fri 8 am–2 pm
See more detailed contact information and opening hours as well as appointments on the website of the FSHS Seinäjoki Service Unit. There you will also find information on where to get help if the FSHS service unit is closed.
Changes in the FSHS in 2021
The Act on Healthcare for Students in Higher Education will take effect on 1 January 2021. For the FSHS, this means a growing number of customers and employees, new service units and an even broader service network, as well as new ways to produce services.
You can follow the progress on the FSHS 2021 website.