Assistant Professor, power electronic applications in smart grids
School of Technology and Innovations, Electrical Engineering
+358 29 449 8547
Yliopistonranta 10, 65200 Vaasa
- Assistant Professor, power electronic applications in smart grids, University of Vaasa, Finalnd.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Denmark (2019-2021).
- Maria Sklodowska-Curie Post-doctoral Fellow, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC), Barcelona, Spain (2017-2019)
- Assistant Professor, Azad University, Tehran, Iran (2016-2017).
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC), Barcelona, Spain (2015-2016).
- R&D Engineer at JDEVS Company, Tehran, Iran (2009-2015)
- B.Sc. degree from University of Birjand, Iran, in 2007 and the M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran in 2010 and 2014, respectively, all with honors in Electrical Engineering.
- LinkedIn -profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mahdi-shahparasti-28625752/
- ResearchGate -profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mahdi-Shahparasti-2
- Power Electronic Application in Smart Grids
- Control and Simulation of Modern Electric Drives and Systems
Current Research Interests
- Hardware and software design of power converters in modern and smart grids systems
- Grid integration of renewable energy resources and energy storage systems
- Stability and dynamic analysis of power electronic systems
- Power quality assessment and improvement in Microgrids
- DC and Hybrid DC-AC distribution systems
- Motor drive systems